Solid tumour with cystic areas in between filled with haemorrhagic fluid and accounting for about 20% of all ovarian cancers is?
B. Mesonephroid tumors
C. Endometrioid tumour
D. Brenner tumour
Correct answer : C. Endometrioid tumour
Ovarian cancer – CT scan
- Endometrioid tumours account for about 20% of all ovarian cancers.
- They are mostly malignant.
- They are lined by glandular epithelium.
- They are moderate sized solid tumours with cystic areas in between filled with haemorrhagic fluid.
- Ovarian endometriosis coexist in 15% of cases.
Ref: Shaw’s Textbook of Gynaecology, 15th edition, p375.
Image credits: James Heilman, MD. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:POvarianCA.png