All of the following are required in PCR except
B. Thermostable enzyme
D. DNA template
Correct answer : C. Dideoxyribonucleotides
A basic PCR set up requires several components and reagents. These components include:
- DNA template that contains the DNA region (target) to be amplified.
- Two primers that are complementary to the 3′ (three prime) ends of each of the sense and anti-sense strand of the DNA target.
- Taq polymerase or another DNA polymerase with a temperature optimum at around 70 °C.
- Deoxynucleoside triphosphates (dNTPs; nucleotides containing triphosphate groups), the building-blocks from which the DNA polymerase synthesizes a new DNA strand.
- Buffer solution, providing a suitable chemical environment for optimum activity and stability of the DNA polymerase.
- Divalent cations, magnesium or manganese ions; generally Mg2+ is used, but Mn2+ can be utilized for PCR-mediated DNA mutagenesis, as higher Mn2+ concentration increases the error rate during DNA synthesis
- Monovalent cation potassium ions.