- The amino acid content of bone decreases slowly after death
- It can be assessed by thin layer chromatography technique
- Fresh bones contain atleast 15 amino acids
- If the number of amino acids is found to be less than 7, the bone is alteast 100 years old
- If proline and hydroxy proline are absent, it indicates that the bone is very old
Copyright © 2008-2018 PG Blazer.
Disclaimer : Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material, the authors will not be held responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information in this site is provided only as a resource for PG entrance aspirants, and is not to be used for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
Read previous post:
The gold standard for the diagnosis of osteoporosis is: A. Dual energy X-ray absorptiometry B. Single energy X-ray absorptiometry C....