Blaschko’s lines represent?
A. Lines of development
C. Lines along blood vessels
D. Lines along lymphatics
Correct answer : A. Lines of development
- Blaschko’s lines are invisible developmental lines of the skin
- They are thought to represent the pathways of epithelial migration and proliferation in the foetus
- These were first demonstrated by German dermatologist Alfred Blaschko in 1901.
- They do not correspond to the path of vessels / nerves / lymphatics
- Many skin lesions follow Blaschko’s lines. eg: Incontinentia pigmenti, Linear lichen planus, Lichen striatus Naevus achromicus