- A bucket handle malformation is a clinical feature seen in perineal fistula
- Perineal fistula is a ‘low’ type of anorectal malformation
- Here the rectum opens to the skin through a small opening anterior to the normal position of the anal sphincter
- In some cases, a bridge of skin is seen across the fistula
- A probe can be passed under this skin tag
- Such a skin tag is known as ‘bucket handle malformation’
Copyright © 2008-2018 PG Blazer.
Disclaimer : Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material, the authors will not be held responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information in this site is provided only as a resource for PG entrance aspirants, and is not to be used for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.
Read previous post:
Most common tumour in newborn Incidence - 1 in 35000 80% female Remnant of primitive streak – pluripotent stem cells...