- Doxorubicin is an anti cancer drug which produces cardiotoxicity as side effect
- Clinical features
- Acute presentation with hypotension, arrhythmias, bundle branch block, ST changes
- Delayed presentation with features of congestive cardiac failure
- Development of cardiac toxicity is due to cardiomyopathy
- Risk increases beyond doses of 550mg/m2
Copyright © 2008-2018 PG Blazer.
Disclaimer : Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material, the authors will not be held responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information in this site is provided only as a resource for PG entrance aspirants, and is not to be used for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.