- Although family size generally refers to the total number of individuals in a family, from a demographic perspective, it refers to the number of total number of children borne to a woman at a point of time
- Completed family size refers to the total number of children born to her during her child bearing age – generally considered to be 15-45 years of age
- The family size depends on various factors like:
- Age at marriage
- Duration of marriage
- Level of education
- Economic status
- Prevailing social and cultural practices
- Desired family size
- Use of family planning techniques
- The family size is an indicator of the level of development of the population
- The family generally higher in developing countries and vice versa
Copyright © 2008-2018 PG Blazer.
Disclaimer : Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material, the authors will not be held responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information in this site is provided only as a resource for PG entrance aspirants, and is not to be used for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.