- The hour following delivery of placenta is termed Fourth stage of labour
- Monitoring of the patient’s Blood pressure and pulse rate during this stage is important
- The episiotomy site should be checked for bleeding or development of any hematoma
- Check whether the bladder is distended, if so encourage patient to pass urine
- If the patient is stable after one hour and has passed urine, she can be transferred to the post natal ward
Copyright © 2008-2018 PG Blazer.
Disclaimer : Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material, the authors will not be held responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information in this site is provided only as a resource for PG entrance aspirants, and is not to be used for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.