- Looser’s zone refers to pseudofractures seen in osteomalacia
- Also called Milkman’s line
- Thin (about 2mm) radioluscent bands extending from the cortex inwards perpendicular to the bone surface
- Origin is by incomplete stress fractures which heal with callus deficient in calcium
- Most commonly seen in pubic rami, neck of femur, neck of humerus, axillary edge of scapula
Copyright © 2008-2018 PG Blazer.
Disclaimer : Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material, the authors will not be held responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information in this site is provided only as a resource for PG entrance aspirants, and is not to be used for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.