Lymphangiosarcoma was originally described in?
A. Stewart-Treves’ syndrome
B. Klippel-Trenaunay’s syndrome
C. Milroy’s disease
D. Meig’s disease
Correct answer : A. Stewart-Treves’ syndrome
- Lymphangiosarcoma was originally described in Stewart-Treves’ syndrome (post mastectomy lymphoedema).
- It affects about 0.5% of patients.
- Stewart and Treves reported this in a joint paper in 1948.
- Milroy’s disease is familial lymphoedema type 1.
- Meig’s disease is familial lymphoedema type 2.
Ref: Bailey and Love’s Short Practice of Surgery, 25th edition, p 948-950.