- The jugular venous pressure falls during inspiration
- The mechanism is as follows
- During inspiration, there is increase in negative intrathoracic pressure
- This negative pressure is also transmitted into the heart and hence there is increased blood flow into the heart
- As a result, the jugular venous pressure falls during inspiration
Copyright © 2008-2018 PG Blazer.
Disclaimer : Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material, the authors will not be held responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information in this site is provided only as a resource for PG entrance aspirants, and is not to be used for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.