Which of the following is not true regarding Large Loop Excision of the Transformation Zone (LLETZ)?
A. Uses low voltage diathermy
B. Applicable only to cervix
C. Loop size greater than 2cm gives a better cone
D. Shorter procedure time compared to laser ablation
Correct answer : C. Loop size greater than 2cm gives a better cone
Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia
- Large Loop Excision of the Transformation Zone (LLETZ) uses low voltage diathermy.
- It is used in the treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasias.
- It is used only for cervical lesions.
- Loop size lesser than 2cm gives a better cone.
- It is less costly and has shorter procedure time compared to laser ablation.
- But the success rate is similar to laser ablation.
Ref: Shaw’s Textbook of Gynaecology, 15th edition, p406.
Image credits: KGH. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cervical_intraepithelial_neoplasia_(2)_koilocytosis.jpg