POSTGRADUATE INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH CHANDIGARH
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION: 09.04.2011 (up to 2.00 PM)
Application on the prescribed form are invited for the following Postdoctoral/ Postgraduate courses and PhD programme for the academic session starting from 1st July, 2011. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE MADE IN THIS REGARD.
1. First Year Junior Resident (for MD/MS courses)
|Obstt & Gynae||4||1||1||1||0||2||2||1||0|
2. a) Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry (Gen-1, SC-1, OBC-1)
- Orthodontics (Gen-1, ST-1, OBC-1)
b) First Year Junior Residents (House Job) for Oral Health Sciences (Gen-5, SC-1, ST-1, OBC-2)
3. Master of Hospital Administration (MHA) (Gen-1, OBC-1)
|Cardiology (Gen-3, Spon-1)||Clinical Pharmacology (Spon-1)|
|Endocrinology (Spon -1)||Gastroenterology (Gen-1, Spon -1)|
|Paediatric Neurology (Gen. -1, Spon – 1)||Nephrology (Gen-1)|
|Haematopathology (Gen-1, Spon-1)||Neurology (Gen-3, Spon – 1)|
|Clinical Hematology (Gen. -1, Spon – 1)||Neuro-Radiology (Gen.-1)|
|Pulmonary Medicine (Spon – 2)||Cardiac Anaesthesia (Gen-1, Spon-1)|
|Hepatology (Gen-2, Spon-1)||Neurosurgery (Gen-2, Spon-2)|
|Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery (Gen-1, Spon-1)||Plastic Surgery (Gen-1)|
|Paediatric Surgery (Gen-2, Spon-1)||Urology (Gen-2, Spon-1)|
5. PhD Programme
Anaesthesia, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Com Medicine, Exp. Medicine & Biotechnology, Forensic Medicine, ENT, Gastroenterology, Hepatology, Haematology, Histopathology, Immunopathology, Internal Medicine, Medical Microbiology, Nephrology, Neurology, Neuro Surgery, Nuclear Medicine, Ophthalmology, Orthosurgery, Psychiatry (Cl. Psycology), Parasitology, Pharmacology, Pediatrics, Radiodiagnosis, General Surgery, Urology.
6. Master of Public Health (MPH) (Gen-5, SC-3, ST-1, OBC-3, Spon-4)
7. M.Sc/ M.Sc MLT courses
i.) M.Sc Medical Technology Immunopathology-2 xi.) M.Sc Medical Technology Radiodiagnosis-2
ii.) M.Sc Medical Technology Cytopathology-1 xii.) M.Sc Medical Technology Radiotherapy-2
iii.) M.Sc Medical Technology Haematology-2 xiii.) M.Sc Medical Technology Transfusion Medicine-1
iv.) M.Sc Medical Technology Histopathology-1 xiv.) M.Sc Respiratory Care-2
v.) M.Sc Medical Technology Bacteriology & Mycology-2 xv.) M.Sc Biochemistry-(Gen-4, SC-2, ST-1, OBC-2)
vi.) M.Sc Medical Technology Parasitology-2 xvi.) M.Sc Medical Biotechnology-(Gen-4, SC-2, ST-1, OBC-3)
vii.) M.Sc Medical Technology Virology-2 xvii.) M.Sc Pharmacology-(Gen-5, SC-1, ST-1, OBC-2)
viii.) M.Sc Medical Technology Pharmacology-1 xviii.).M.Sc Anatomy- (Gen-1, SC-1, OBC-1)
ix.) M.Sc Medical Technology Biochemistry-2
x.) M.Sc Medical Technology Biotechnology-2
8. Certificate Courses
1. Certificate course in Immunopathology (Spon-2)
2. Post MD Certificate course in Cytopathology (Gen-1, Spon-1)
3. Post Doctoral Certificate Course in Vascular Neurosurgery (Spon-2)
4. Post MD Certificate Course in Medical Biotechnology (Spon-5)
1. For all courses, where MBBS/BDS is an eligibility requirement, the candidates who have made more than one attempt (i.e. have more than one failure, compartment or reappear) during their MBBS/BDS career, are not eligible. For DM/M.Ch courses, the candidates who have made more than one attempt in MBBS and MD/MS career are not eligible. However, those belonging to Sch. Caste/Tribes with upto two attempts in their MBBS/BDS career will be eligible for MD/MS/MDS and House Job in Oral Health Sciences.
2. The candidates completing internship after 30.06.2011 are not eligible for course NO. 1, 2 and 3
3. The number of seats wherever indicated are provisional and may increase/decrease without any prior notice.
4. The courses at Sr. No. 7, ( i – xiv) are only for sponsored/deputed candidates.
5. A candidate applying for more than one subject/course except Sr. No. � 1, 2, 3, 6 & 8 is required to submit separate application complete in all respect for each subject/course.
6. The candidates applying for DM/M.Ch courses can apply maximum upto two subjects in separate application form.
7. The candidates may apply in the form downloadable (for Sr.No. 1 to 5) at pgimer.nic.in together with requisite fee by Demand Draft in the name of Director, PGI. The prescribed application forms along with prospectus (Brochure of information) are also available from the office of the undersigned either personally on payment of Rs.1000/- for GENERAL/OBC/OPH category and Rs.800/- for SC/ST at the counter (Kairon Block, Room No.309) from 10.30 AM to 12.30 P.M and from 2.30 PM to 3.30PM on all working days except Saturdays (On Saturdays, forms will be available from 10.30 AM to 12.00 Noon) or by post for which the request must be accompanied with a self addressed thick envelope of size 12 X 10 cm bearing postage stamps of Rs. 50/- and Bank Draft preferably from any SBI branch payable at SBI Medical Institute Branch (Code No.1524) Chandigarh for GENERAL/ OBC/OPH Rs.1000/- and for SC/ST Rs.800/- (indicating category i.e. General or SC/ST) drawn in favour of the Director, PGI, Chandigarh. However, prospectus for DM/M.Ch will be available for Rs.1000/- only as there is no reservation for the same.
TENTATIVE DATES OF EXAMINATIONS
|MD/MS||DS/House Job (Oral Health Sciences)||DM/M.Ch/MHA|
|MPH/M.Sc MLT||Ph.D||M.Sc Pharma/Biotech/Biochemistry/Anatomy|
1) It is in the interest of the candidate to send the application through Registered/Speed Post.
2) No request for the supply of form by post will be entertained after 02.04.2011.
3) Fee once paid will not be refunded.
4) Numbers of seats in sponsored category for MD/MS courses may be increased with the approval of Director of the Institute.
5) Prospectus on cash payment shall be available from 14.03.2011. However, the prospectus cum application form can be downloaded from the PGI website w.e.f. 11.03.2011
Source : pgimer.nic.in