Clinically significant drug interaction occurs between pyridoxine and all the following drugs except?
Correct answer : B. Cyclosporine
Pyridoxine – drug interactions :
- INH – induces a pyridoxine deficiency state
- Levodopa – pyridoxine promotes peripheral conversion of levodopa to dopamine – thus it decreases therapeutic action of levodopa in the brain
- Oral contraceptive pills – decrease pyridoxine levels in some females
- Hydralazine – impairment of pyridoxine utilisation
- 4-deoxy pyridoxine – pyridoxine antagonist