Primary impact injury in case of road traffic accident are seen commonly in?
Correct answer : D. Legs
- Primary impact injuries are caused by the first impact of the vehicle with the pedestrian in an accident
- The legs get hit most often (by the bumper in front of the vehicle)
- The other injuries associated with a road traffic accident are the secondary impact injuries and secondary injuries
- Secondary impact injury is caused by the second impact with the vehicle (eg: the body of thrown onto the vehicle / the vehicle runs over the body)
- Secondary injuries are caused when the body strikes the ground after the collision