Agnes Hunt traction is used for?
A. Flexion deformity of hip
B. Trochanteric fracture
C. Fracture shaft of femur in adults
D. Low backache
Correct answer : A. Flexion deformity of hip
- Agnes Hunt traction is used for correction of mild flexion deformity of hip joint in poliomyelitis.
- Traction used for trochanteric fracture – Russell’s traction
- Traction used for fracture shaft of femur in adults – Perkin’s traction
- Traction used for low backache – Buck’s traction
- Practical Orthopedics By Kakkad Subhash, p46
- Textbook of Orthopedics By John Ebnezar, 4th ed, p67