Which of the following is not a member of Vision 2020 program?
C. Orbis international
D. International Agency For Prevention of Blindness
Correct answer : B. UNICEF
VISION 2020 is the global initiative for the elimination of avoidable blindness, a joint programme of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) with an international membership of NGOs, professional associations, eye care institutions and corporations.
Vision 2020 members: (Given below are the group A members. For viewing group B and C, plese visit the official site)
- International Council of Opthalmology – Represents and serves professional associations of ophthalmologists throughout the world
- World Blind Union – Represents over 160 million blind and partially sighted persons in 177 member countries
- cbm – Improving quality of life for the world’s poorest persons with disabilities.
- Impact EMR – Leading the Elimination of Blindness and Visual Impairment in EMR.
- International Centre for Eyecare Education – Envisioning a world where avoidable blindness and vision impairment do not limit any person’s well-being.
- Light for the World – A European confederation of national development NGOs committed to saving eyesight, improving the quality of life and advocating for the rights of person with disabilities in the underprivileged regions of our world.
- Lions Clubs International Foundation – LCIF is the charitable arm of Lions Clubs International.
- Mectizan Donation Program – Alleviating the suffering caused by river blindness and lymphatic filiarasis (elephantiasis).
- Operation Eyesight Universal – Canadian international development organization dedicated to eliminating avoidable blindness.
- ORBIS International – International organisation working to eliminate avoidable blindness in developing countries.
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) – Supporting blind and partially sighted people in the United Kingdom
- Sightsavers – Sightsavers works to combat avoidable blindness in developing countries.
- The Fred Hollows Foundation – Working for a world where no one is needlessly blind and Indigenous Australians enjoy health equality.
- Vision CRC – Establishing Australia as a world leader in research, education and delivery of vision correction
- World Council of Optometry – Dedicated to the enhancement and development of eye and vision care worldwide.