- Balwadi Nutrition Program (India) was introduced in 1970 to provide nutritional support to children
- Target group – Children 3-6 years of age in rural areas
- It is under the control of the Department of Social Welfare
- 4 National level organisations (including Indian Council of Child Welfare) are given grants as a part of this program
- The voluntary organisations that receive the grants are responsible for the running of this program
- The program is implemented through Balwadis – they provide education and nutritional support
- Food supplement provides 300kcal and 10g proteins
- Balwadi nutrition program is being phased out in favour of the Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS)
Copyright © 2008-2018 PG Blazer.
Disclaimer : Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material, the authors will not be held responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information in this site is provided only as a resource for PG entrance aspirants, and is not to be used for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.