Gunn sign is?
A. Silver wiring of arterioles
B. Deflection of veins at arteriovenous crossing
C. Copper wiring of arterioles
D. Tapering of veins on the either side of the crossings
Correct answer : D. Tapering of veins on the either side of the crossings
- Gunn sign is seen in grade III hypertensive retinopathy.
- The other findings in grade III hypertensive retinopathy include
- copper wiring of arterioles
- banking of veins distal to arteriovenous crossings
- right-angle deflection of veins
- flame shaped haemorrhages
- cotton wool spots
- hard exudates.
Ref: Comprehensive Ophthalmology, A. K. Khurana, 4th edition, p258.
Image credits: Frank Wood. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported license. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Hypertensiveretinopathy.jpg