- Telecanthus literally means that the corners of the eyes (canthi) are far away (tele) from each other
- It is a condition in which the intercanthal distance is greater than the width of the eye
- Normal range of intercanthal distance is 30-35mm
- In this, the interpupillary distance remains normal
- Telecanthus should be differentiated from hypertelorism (here the interpupillary distance is increased)
Copyright © 2008-2018 PG Blazer.
Disclaimer : Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material, the authors will not be held responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information in this site is provided only as a resource for PG entrance aspirants, and is not to be used for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.