- Vitamin A prophylaxis program aims at providing Vitamin A – 2 lakh IU (110mg retinol palmitate) – to all preschool children – every 6 months
- It is a part of National Program for Control of Blindness (India)
- It was launched by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare in 1970
- It utilises technology developed by National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad
- It has helped to decrease the preventable blindness in the community
Copyright © 2008-2018 PG Blazer.
Disclaimer : Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material, the authors will not be held responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information in this site is provided only as a resource for PG entrance aspirants, and is not to be used for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.