- CARE – Co-operative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere – is a non profit organisation which aims to provide emergency aid and long term developmental assistance in different parts of the world
- It was formed North America in 1945 after the II World War
- CARE started its services in India in the year 1950
- Initially it focussed on providing food to children in the 6-11 year age group
- By 1980, it shifted its attention to providing food in the ICDS (Intergrated Child Development Services)
- The other projects which it is involved in are:
- Intergrated Nutrition and Health Project
- Better Health and Nutrition Project
- Improving Women’s Health Project
- Improved Healthcare for Adolescent Girls Project
- Child Survival Project
- Women’s Reproductive Health and Family Spacing Project
- Konkan Intergrated Development Project
- CARE works with the central and state governments and various Non Governmental Organisations to provide these services
Copyright © 2008-2018 PG Blazer.
Disclaimer : Although every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the material, the authors will not be held responsible for any inadvertent errors. The information in this site is provided only as a resource for PG entrance aspirants, and is not to be used for any diagnostic or treatment purposes.